Marimekko + Uniqlo!
What could be a better gift for our 10th wedding anniversary than the release of a new collection of pieces created thanks to a partnership between Uniqlo and Marimekko? As it turns out, we'll all be celebrating on March 29th, 2018 when super fans of both companies can shop the new pieces online or in stores. (Remember: There's a Uniqlo in Bellevue Square).
Unfamiliar with these two Poplin favorites? I've been obsessed with Finland's own Marimekko for years, having visited the corporate HQ and outlet in Helsinki a few years ago. I can assure you, it was well worth the trip. Thrilling prints on simple pieces bring joy and comfort to all who wear them. And the history of Marimekko and feminism is pretty interesting, too.
As for Uniqlo, the Japanese company is the ultimate source for affordable, quality staples. From down coats to denim and everything in between, Uniqlo offers items for men, women and kids that last for years and won't break the bank. Full disclosure: Marimekko pieces generally will break the bank. So, this collab is a dream for anyone who pines for Marimekko at a more reasonable pricepoint. Here are a few of my favs!
Mark your calendars for March 29th as items are sure to go quickly. Pieces from the Marimekko and Dwell collaboration at Target some time ago flew off the shelves. This is no time to delay. Until then, these are a few of my favorite things from each retailer. Enjoy!
- The leggings pants, as they are oddly called, are a major win. Comfortable, flattering and affordable, they'll be in your closet for years.
- Uniqlo long cardigans are my favorite. Sadly, they aren't available right now. But, they will be again. Plus in the summertime they offer lightweight cardigans with UV protection!
- Denim and down are also great staples.
- Uniqlo is a great resource for affordable and well made maternity clothing, too!
- I'm loving the maxi and midi dresses that started appearing with a new lead designer over a year ago. Long sleeve maxis are one of my favorites for winter as you can skip the layering pieces.
- Marimekko shoes, jewelry and handbags will last you a lifetime and are sure to draw compliments.
- The options for kids are playful and well made.
- Really, there isn't much from Marimekko that disappoints me. After all, we've got the wallpaper in our dining room, if that's any indication of our commitment level. There is an incredible SALE happening right now and yes, you can purchase the fabric and make your own creations.
P.S. Make sure you are on the Poplin email list. We're launching Poplin 2.0 by March 1st. That means LOTS more resources, giveaways and more. Subscribers get all the info first and are entered to win every time there is a giveaway. What are you waiting for?