My Favorite U Village Shops Including Joie!
Let's face it, Nordstrom plays a key role in Seattle style. As a personal stylist, I find that the vast majority of my new clients use the retailer as an easy way to learn about new brands. As a result, Vince & Joie are two of the most popular brands that come up in conversation.
So when I discovered the new Joie store at U Village, I had to share! The ladies are lovely and the selection is much larger than you'll find at a larger retailer. This got me thinking, there's some pretty stellar shopping at U Village. Let's make sure you know some of my favorite places to go.
15+ Shops Worth (re)Visiting at University Village (in no particular order)
1. Warby Parker Hip, affordable frames.
3. Anthropologie The gold standard for unexpected, unconventional pieces that feel like you picked them up while traveling the world.
4. J.Crew Classic, preppie and the home of the great fitting toothpick jean.
5. Aritzia Especially for faux suede.
6. Marine Layer San Francisco- based company with the softest tees ever. Seriously.
7. Athleta There's a time and a place for Athleta pieces, but they are made very well and are a stylish sporty option.
8. H&M (Just be aware that H&M only carries kids clothing at the Alderwood and Southcenter locations.)
9. Aveda They give you a complimentary head & neck massage or mini facial when you visit!
10. Bluemercury. Buy any three items in the store and you can have your makeup done for free. Schedule ahead to ensure there's an artist available.
11. Hanna Andersson. Really well made clothing for kids but they also sell maternity and a small collection of women's clothing online.
12. BlueC Sushi. The BEST place to take a kid for sushi. Special orders drive over to your table courtesy of a bullet train.
13. Bonobos. Bring your fella to try on clothes in store and order online thereafter. Easy to pair, hip, reasonably priced, quality pieces.
14. Scotch & Soda. Quality, fashion forward pieces with store managers trained in the Netherlands and staff who wear cool holsters.
15. Banana Republic Hello, sales!
16. Madewell. There's also a new one downtown!
17. Mercer. It's locally owned with current, high quality pieces from brands you know and love including a wide selection of denim.
18. Sole Food. Locally owned shop with very cool, comfortable shoes. It's in the process of a remodel to check out the temporary location next to Trophy Cupcakes.
Of course, there are more, but these are just a few. Feel free to share yours!